Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Bugs Bunny at the Beach

Bugs Bunny at the Beach

"Any ideas today?"

"I know we have time for this because we woke up at the same time."

"What is it?"

"The Empire State."

"But I've already done The Empire State."

"I know, but I want to see the cool buildings."

"I know, but I don't want to do something that I've already done."

"Okay then, a birthday cake."

"I've already done a birthday cake. I want to do something new."

"Okay, Bugs Bunny."

I was about to say, "I've already done Bugs Bunny," but I refrained. I have a soft spot for the Looney Tunes characters and I knew he'd pick something wildly different than what I did last time with Daffy in it too.

I ran a search and right away he picked this complex scene of Bugs at the beach next to a VW Beetle. I really wasn't sure I had enough time and gave him a look that meant, "Find something easier!" He searched for a different one, but claimed he couldn't find anything else he liked.

"Please, can you do this one?"

"I'll try." 

Perhaps because I didn't draw much growing up, haven't drawn at all during adulthood, and don't ever doodle, it still amazes me that I start with a blank sack and after 20 minutes there's a whole scene drawn that isn't half bad. I guess a couple hundred bags so far has given me some practice. It definitely stresses me out to be so pressed for time, but I do enjoy the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents