Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Monster Truck 2

Monster Truck

"What should we do today?"

"Good timing. I just had an idea." Under his breath in a low whisper, he debated with himself, "I'm not going to say it. Okay, I'm going to say it. I'm not going to say it. Okay, just say it." He took a deep breath and asked, "Another monster truck?" He looked up at me, "Is that okay?"

Yesterday we went back and forth about choosing new things instead of repeats of past items. I was going to say, "I've already done a monster truck," but figured we could find something pretty different than the last one. "Depends on the monster truck," I told him.

"Is this really hard? Because it looks good to me."

"I'll try," I said, feeling some tension building in my neck already.

"Yeah!" he shouted with glee.

This one came out better than the last monster truck. The only thing I wasn't happy with is where I placed "Victor." 

When he saw the finished drawing, he said, "I like it." He studied it and added, "But why didn't you put my letters on the teeth?" I guess he didn't like the placement of his name either.

"I don't know," I said with a shrug.

He brought this one home today. He seems to really like monster trucks. It might be time to go to another rally. What I remember most about the last one is how loud it was. This time we'll bring earplugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents