Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Superman

Superman

"What should we do today?"

"A birthday cake!" he exclaimed, "Because it's your birthday!" He must have seen the puzzled look on my face because he added, "...if you want to."

"I don't really want to, no," I said. I didn't like the idea of my birthday cake on his snack sack. And in any event, my birthday had already passed.

"Okay, you get to choose then for your birthday."

"Hmm. I get to choose?"

"Yup."

I got started without telling him what I was drawing.

"Ooh, what are you going to draw?" he asked walking over to my side of the table to check it out. "Ooh, Superman!"

I worked quickly and was putting on the finishing touches, adding the stars in the sky, by the time he finished his breakfast.

He asked, "Can I draw a big shooting star?"

"Sure," I said, handing over the sack and the Sharpie.

The marker squeak loudly the moment he started drawing his first line. "Don't press so hard!" I reminded him.

He drew his shooting star, the marker squeaking with every stroke, then put the Sharpie down.

"Well here's a bunch of open space. You can fill that in too," I said pointing at the sky.

"With what?"

"Stars and circles."

"How about an alien?"

"Do it!"

"Ooh, maybe a comet."

"Nice!"

He drew it all and announced, "All done."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents