Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Parrot

Parrot

"What should I do today for the snack sack?"

"Daddy, I told you yesterday. How do you not know?"

"Maybe I don't remember."

"A parrot," he told me.

"I guess I've never done a parrot before," I said, thinking back at all the animals I've drawn. "I don't think you told me that yesterday."

"Oh, I guess I didn't," he admitted. He hadn't. Yesterday he started out with wanting an animal and then shifted to Big Bang Trigger Happy before he ever decided on one.

I ran a search for parrots and handed him my iPhone. He picked one quickly. "Oh, this one is so cute! Can you do this one? It's so cute."

"Yes."

Instead of handing me the phone, however, he kept scrolling through the options. He showed me a couple more until he landed on this one that I ended up drawing.

"Can you do this one?"

"Sure." 

"Don't forget to draw the moon behind him. But only after you've finished. Can you draw another one tomorrow?"

"I can do whatever you want. You always choose."

"I might like this one a lot and bring it home and color it. Would that be okay?"

"Whatever you want to do with it. It's yours."

I picked up an older Sharpie today. The newer markers put too much ink on the sack making it less forgiving for mistakes. It was a relief to not have to worry so much about bleed or drawing quick, sharp lines. I had time and felt in the groove. I like this one a lot.

"Ooooo, cooool!" he exclaimed. "It looks exactly like it...except the feet are too small."

Always a critic. He must be my boy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents