Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pirate Penguin


Pirate Penguin

"You don't even have to ask me, 'What's for the snack sack?' today."

"Oh yeah?" I stopped what I was doing to look at him. "What's for the snack sack?" I asked anyway. 

"What's for the snack sack?" he repeated. "A penguin."

"Okay," I said. We didn't do a snack sack yesterday. His class is studying penguins and went on a field trip to SeaWorld yesterday, in part, to observe the penguins there. 

"Remember how Bugs Bunny says 'penguin'?" He asked. "Pen-gu-in," he mimicked.

"Yeah," I smiled. Bugs has the best mispronunciations and over-pronunciations in the business.

I handed him my iPhone and he spotted the penguin I had done last year. "Hey, here's the one you did!"

"Yep, that's the one." He's still on a kick to revisit old subjects, which I'm not thrilled about; but, I've decided to just roll with it.

"Oh, cool, a pirate. Can you do this one?"

I shot him a look. I didn't love it and it hardly looks like a penguin to me.

"Please," he insisted. 

"Sure," I said taking back my iPhone. Using the thick tip of the Sharpie I was more deliberate with my lines than usual. I retraced over some of the lines to create stronger accents like the reference drawing. 

He looked at it and said, "Wow! It looks exactly like it." Looking for differences, he added, "I can't even tell which one is which. You did it so good!"

That was nice to hear. It's so rare for him not to find any faults.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents