Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Grinch

The Grinch

"My Dad is going to do the Grinch today," he announced, referencing me in the third person.

He had announced the same on Thursday evening, but since he stayed home sick from school on Friday, the Grinch was made to wait. He clearly had it on his mind this morning because I hadn't even asked him about the snack sack yet. He's rarely ahead of me.

I ran a search for Grinch coloring pages and handed him my iPhone. When he showed me the one he wanted, it was in color, not a coloring page outline.

He noticed the change in expression on my face and asked, "What's wrong?"

"This is the only one that is in color. You didn't pick one with an outline. Did you do that on purpose?"

"No," he defended. We sat in silence for a few beats. "Should I pick something different?"

I waved him off and got to work on it. Despite waking up on time and having a smooth morning, I still didn't get started today until after 8:00am. Between breakfast, getting him through the routine, making his lunch, gathering his stuff, and checking for homework or other things, it takes a long time to get ready in the morning. I felt hurried, but did my best to stay calm.

"I want to see the Grinch-y," he said rushing over from the bathroom after brushing his teeth. "Was it too hard?"

"Not too bad, no," I said honestly.

"Okay good, because I don't want to ever pick anything that's too hard for you."

That, I know is not true, but I let it slide by for the moment and gave him a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents