Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Pigeon

The Pigeon

The Pigeon

"What's for the snack sack today?"

"The Pigeon," he said looking at his library book, The Pigeon Wants a Puppy.

"Do you want me to do what's on the cover?"

"No," he said quickly. Instead, he picked a crazy looking picture of the Pigeon scared of the dog.

I said, "No, not that one." He kept picking pages where the Pigeon had goofy expressions and hardly looked like itself. I told him I wouldn't draw them. In the end, I picked this simple, yet classic pose myself. I decided to do it in crayon to match the markings of how it's drawn in the book. It's one of the few times I didn't use a Sharpie.

"Now you have to color it in," he told me. I normally don't add color, but this one was simple and warranted it. It was cool that we had a white crayon too. While I finished up, he went to brush his teeth. I borrowed the phrasing from a different page trying to match something the Pigeon might say.

"I want to see the Pigeon!" he said when he returned. Victor uses a high pitched squeaky voice for the Pigeon when he reads aloud. He used it to read the sack, "By the way, this is Victor's snack!" sounding so cute!

He added in his own voice, "I like it! I like it! I like it Daddy! I like it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents