Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

You can draw a clock...

You can draw a clock...

Clocks

"What's for the snack sack today?" I asked as I busily prepared his lunch.

"What time is it?" he asked looking at our oven's clock across the table from him. He had been learning about clocks and how to tell time at school.

I had a sense that he wasn't really asking me about the time. "That's what you want me to draw? Time?" I asked, making a guess.

"Yeah," he said, "You can draw a clock."

"Digital or circle clock?" I asked for clarification, just rolling with the idea.

"Digital," he said clearly. "What time is school?"

"9:00," I replied.

I did a search for digital clocks and handed him my iPhone. After several minutes had passed I prodded him, "What's taking so long? I need you to pick something so I can get started."

"I can't find one with 9:00 on it," he said in frustration. Just as I began explaining that I could put 9:00 on any clock, he said, "Found it!"

"That's it? That's all you want me to draw?"

"Yup," he said. Sensing my disbelief in being prompted to draw something so simple he added, "You can do a round clock and put 9:00 on it too."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents