Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dragon Maleficent

Dragon Maleficent

"What's for the snack sack today?"

"Remember the Dragon Maleficent!?!"

He had picked Maleficent's dragon form before we did Maleficent yesterday. He woke up very early so we had plenty of time. The problem with having the time is that I take the time. This was about 40 min of work as opposed to the usual 15 to 20.

I worked from the bottom up which was a bit odd, but that helped me maintain focus. Instead of trying to draw the dragon, I was drawing the lines and shapes I saw before me. Toward the end, I was pressed for time and was forced to rapidly worked in the details of the castle. I filled in the black parts as quickly as I could.

"Whoa! Now that is good! Now that is good!"

"Show me where the mistake is," I prodded.

He found it right away. "It's good. Except that the face doesn't look so mean. But it's good," he repeated, reaching out to touch my arm affectionately.

This one came home today. I knew it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents