Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Carnotaur

Carnotaur

"What's it for today?"

"Dinosaur?"

"We've done lots of dinosaurs."

"How about a Carnotaur?"

"I'm not sure if we've done that," I admitted. I looked it up. We hadn't, but dinosaurs are one of our most popular subjects. In fact, we've done BrontosaurusDiplodocus, the Talking Dino toy, T-Rex, Allosaurus, another T-Rex, Ankylosaurus, T-Rex vs. a crocodile, a robot dinosaur, and Triceratops. He has even added some of his own dinosaurs to the Starbucks logo.

We'd recently seen the Disney movie Dinosaur in which the Carnotaurs are the main antagonists. It turns out the movie shortened the name to Carnotaur from Carnotaurus. I wasn't much in the mood for a dinosaur but that's what he chose so I got to work.

I started with it's face and he looked over the table to see how things were coming along. "Can you make the eye more angry-er?" he asked.

"Huh?" I said, looking up.

"When you're all done," he explained, "draw the eye bigger and draw..." He gestured in the air what I believe was supposed to be an angry eyebrow. He likes drawing angry eyebrows when he draws villains or ferocious animals.

"Okay, let me finish the rest first," I said.

When I was done, I asked him to come over and show me. He took the Sharpie and waved it in the air demonstrating how to draw an angry eyebrow. I looked at him unsure. He asked, "Can I just do it?"

"Yeah, sure," I told him.

He drew the angry eyebrow, but it didn't quite have the effect he was hoping for. The eye didn't look "more angry-er."

"Huh," he said. "Oh well. That usually works." I had to chuckle. We decided to just leave it as is.

This afternoon, he brought home all the snack sacks that were posted in his classroom. "Hey, what's this?" I asked when I found them in his backpack.

"I'm making room for new ones."

"Cool!" I guess it's time to bring down the old and bring in the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents