Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

This eagle looking thing...

Griffin

"Are we doing another one from the 'Draw 50 Monsters' book?" I asked him.

He flipped through it some. "This one," he said pointing, "This eagle looking thing."

"Yeah, okay," I said looking at the griffin. "That's not really a monster either," I added, comparing it to yesterday's funny faced monster.

"I know."

"And Darth Vader's not a monster either." Vader was on the page opposite the griffin. "He's more of a bad guy." I flipped through the book some more. "And Yoda's in there too!? He's not a bad guy. He's a good guy. This book is very confusing."

"I know," he agreed.

I worked from the bottom up, starting with the back legs. I think that was a mistake. It had me drawing backwards from right to left which made things tough for me. Some days I'm just not that into the drawing and today was one of those days. I just wanted to be done with it from the moment I started.

"It's good," is all he said about it when he saw the finished version.

Surprisingly, he brought it home. He's grown more sentimental about them, as have I. I expect most of the sacks will likely make it back home from now on. I can understand that it'd be hard for him to intentionally throw them away anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents