Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Marvin the Martian

Marvin the Martian

"What should we do today?"

"Can you help me pick again?" he asked. Yesterday, before we settled in on drawing Sylvester the Cat, I had helped him break out of his block.

"Yesterday, we said we'd do something else from Looney Tunes."

"Oh, yeah," he said flatly. He couldn't remember what.

"We said we'd do Marvin the Martian," I reminded him.

"Oh, yeah. Let's do Marvin the Martian."

He searched for a very long time again. It's frustrating when he does that because it gives me less time to do the work. In his defense, there actually weren't too many options and they all looked similar. I could tell he was trying to find something better.

"Pick something, please," I said, doing a better job today keeping my irritation with the delay to a minimum.

"They all look kind of like this so you can just do this one."

I added the landscape just to give Marvin some placement. Had we had more time, I would have left that for Victor to add, just like he had done yesterday. If only he had picked more quickly, this would have been another collaborative effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents