Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yoda

Yoda

"Do you want to pick a thing from the book or something else?" I asked him. Turns out the "Draw 50 Monsters" book is full of lots of things that aren't really monsters.

"The book!" he exclaimed. He started flipping. Literally two seconds later he shouted, "Here it is!"

"Yoda?"

"Yup."

"Do you thank me for picking fast?"

"Yes, thank you," I said graciously. I often give him a hard time for taking too long to pick something.

I wonder what Yoda would think about being in a book of monsters. "Wrong, it is," he might say.

I started strong and confident but had to throw out my first attempt. I hadn't left enough room for his right ear. Victor took notice. After that, I worked diligently, hardly looking up from the page.

"Oooh, I like it!" he said sweetly. "It looks just like it," he added encouragingly. "You left enough space this time."

I overcompensated is what I did, I thought. Overall, Yoda is proportional, but because I needed all that space for his ears, his face is tall where it should be wide. Luckily it still looks like Yoda, but in retrospect I needed to have turned the bag sideways, drawing in landscape, to fit his wildly wide ear-span.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contents